hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Vikram Goyal" <t...@craftbits.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Preferences Architecture
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:33:48 GMT

> Vikram Goyal wrote:
>
> > No that is not right either. Because the HostConfiguration is created
using
> > the supplied HostConfiguration in line 389 as you say, the parameters
from
> > the supplied HostConfiguration are used to clone parameters for the new
> > HostConfiguration, so they should all be same. See
HostConfiguration.java
> > line 126.
>
> Yes, but the information is only held in a temporary object and is not
> fed back to the object you pass into the execute call.

Sorry, I must be missing something, because I don't see it that way. The
temporary object that you are talking about, methodConfiguration, is used to
create the MethodDirector object that is used to execute the request. So it
is passed to the execute call.

> > Even if I use the Client's HostConfiguration using
> > client.getHostConfiguration instead of using my own HostConfiguration
and
> > using it in the executeMethod call, the problem remains.
>
> Of course.
>
> Why do you want to query the params objects outside HttpClient anyway?

I am testing the new Preferences Architecture before writing about it in a
Book that I am working on. I have spent the whole of today looking at the
source code but could not locate the problem, so it is bugging me now. It
makes sense, the architecture I mean, but it is just not working right for
the HostConfiguration.

Vikram