hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Zulfi Umrani" <zumr...@novell.com>
Subject HttpClient performance
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:05:54 GMT
Hi,
Just wondering what were the results you got from your tests. I did not find the results on
the email archive, may be because I was not subscribed.

Thanks,
Zulfi

Ortwin Glück wrote

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:06:41 +0200
From: Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glueck@nose.ch>
Subject: HttpClient performance

Zulfi,

I ran the profiler on
HttpClient 2.0-alpha3 and
HttpClient 2.0 Branch latest CVS

I basically used Oleg's test case provided in the email thread you
mentioned (code included).
I turned off logging and stale connection checking. I ran the tests
against a local Tomcat on a Win2k Pro workstation with JDK 1.4.2_02 in
Eclipse 3.0.

The profiler used was:
http://eclipsecolorer.sourceforge.net/index_profiler.html

Feel free to discuss the results attached to this email.

Ortwin Glück