hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Zulfi Umrani" <zumr...@novell.com>
Subject HttpClient performance
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:06:12 GMT
Hi,

Just wanted to get the latest information on the performance issues
reported earlier. I have gone through the below emails from Archive, but
could not get a definite solution to the performance problem. Wondering
whether a definite solution was found and whether there is a patch
available. We tested the performance using pre-release-candidate version
of HttpClient(2.0) and it was much better than the release-candidate
versions and the final 2.0 version of HttpClient. Please note that I did
try using the  SimpleHttpConnectionManager and calling the
setConnectionStaleCheckingEnabled method with false argument. The
performance does improve, but it is still slower than using JDK-1.4.2. I
will appreciate if someone who knows the solution can respond.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781750
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781859
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781909
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=779703