hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HttpClient Reading Partial Response
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:18:01 GMT
Hi Manish,

Just to echo Orwin's comments, what you're asking should be handled at
the application level, instead of the protocol level (HTTP).  It sounds
like what you want is paging.  My suggestion would be to control the
location and size of the values returned by passing in additional
parameters in the request.  For example if you could specify something
like the following:  http://myhost/path/request?start=100&length=100.
This would get the second 100 records.

Mike