hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: PostMethod setQueryString
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:41:17 GMT

Query params are part of the request URL and as such can be used with any HTTP method. A request
body on the other hand can be sent by so called entity enclosing methods only (such as POST
and PUT). PostMethod.setRequestBody(NameValuePair[]) method takes a array of name/value pairs
and constructs a request body out of them using URL encoding. PostMethod.setQueryString(NameValuePair[])
method can be used to pass parameters as a part of the request URL

HTH

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Karthikeyani K [mailto:karthikeyanik@yahoo.com]
Sent: Freitag, 20. August 2004 17:30
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: PostMethod setQueryString

Hi,
   What is the difference between invoking setQueryString(NameValuePair[]) and setRequestBody(NameValuePair[])
 on PostMethod.

    When we try to use setQueryString(NameValuePair[]), we are getting the response back.
    But when we try to use setRequestBody(NameValuePair[]), we are getting the response 500.

    Does PostMethod.setQueryString(NameValuePair[]) pass parameters in the requestbody? Is
it similar to PostMethod.setReqeustBody(NameValuePair[]).

Thanks,
Karthi