hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: HttpClient performance
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:39:21 GMT

Zulfi,

If you expect us to react on this report, you have to be a little more specific on how exactly
you measured the performance, exactly what kind of HTTP methods your tests included, exactly
what pre-release-candidate you are referring to, and what exactly you mean by "but it is still
slower than using JDK-1.4.2". Do you actually mean using HttpURLConnection? Raw socket? Something
else?

I'll run a few tests of my own to see if I get significant difference in terms of performance
between HttpClient 2.0alpha3, 2.0.1, CVS HEAD (post-3.0a1) and HttpURLConnection

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Zulfi Umrani [mailto:zumrani@novell.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 7:06 AM
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HttpClient performance

Hi,

Just wanted to get the latest information on the performance issues
reported earlier. I have gone through the below emails from Archive, but
could not get a definite solution to the performance problem. Wondering
whether a definite solution was found and whether there is a patch
available. We tested the performance using pre-release-candidate version
of HttpClient(2.0) and it was much better than the release-candidate
versions and the final 2.0 version of HttpClient. Please note that I did
try using the  SimpleHttpConnectionManager and calling the
setConnectionStaleCheckingEnabled method with false argument. The
performance does improve, but it is still slower than using JDK-1.4.2. I
will appreciate if someone who knows the solution can respond.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781750
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781859
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=781909
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=779703