hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: timeout while waiting from reponse body ?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:54:14 GMT

Setting socket timeout to a positive value will do the trick

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.setTimeout(60000); // 60 sec timeout

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathias Cianci [mailto:mcianci@axecibles.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 2:50 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: timeout while waiting from reponse body ?

Hello everybody,

Sometimes, when this code line is executed :
byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();
my thread is blocked because the response is not coming.

Is there a way to put something like a timeout in order to stop the
thread after 1minute if  the response is not coming ?

Hope an HttpClient-lover will give me an answer

Mathias