hc-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <marc.boorsht...@octetstring.com>
Subject Warnings in logs in regards to basic authentication....
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:37:09 GMT
When using commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2.jar with preemptive
authentication, I get the following warning in my logs:

[2004-08-10 10:37:38,390] WARN - HttpMethodBase: No credentials
available for the 'Server Administration Service' authentication realm
at 127.0.0.1 [main]

The application works fine, but I would like to eliminate this log.  I
am using the following code to set the credentials:

this.con = new HttpClient();
this.con.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
.
.
.
con.getState().setCredentials(null,null,new
UsernamePasswordCredentials(binddn,password));

There is no security issue in this case with not specifying a realm.

Thanks!