hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Unable to parse header: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:31:12 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

> I'm getting an HttpException: Unable to parse header: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Using a command like the following command:
>
> curl -u user:pass -I -i "http://mysite:6998/page.exe?id=22222"
>
> I got the following output:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
> Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:20:32 GMT
> Connection: close
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> content-type: text/html
> content-length: 35079
> Connection: Keep-Alive

Given the exception you are seeing, it is likely that the server really
sends the above output. Naturally this sort of response is *completely*
out of any HTTP spec. Not even is the response malformed, the headers
are also contraditory.

God knows what causes the server to misbehave so badly. You might want
to ask the manufacturer for support. Please don't ask for HttpClient
supporting arbitrary garbage like that IIS response.

However the issue of duplicate HTTP respone lines or headers was raised
before, I think. But I can't remember it's resolution at the moment. I
guess we have built-in support for duplicate Connections headers, and
the like. You may want to set HttpClient to lenien (non-strict) mode and
retry.

HTH

Ortwin Glück

  NOSE applied intelligence ag