hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Giorgi Javrishvili" <giorgi.javrishv...@key-work.de>
Subject AW: AW: Wrong getResponseBody() length and too long request
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 10:30:13 GMT
Man, you are a MAN!!!

Thank you very much - let IIS guys hit their hads against wall!!!

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ortwin Gl├╝ck [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. August 2004 11:29
An: Commons HttpClient Project
Betreff: Re: AW: Wrong getResponseBody() length and too long request

Giorgi Javrishvili wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Thanks a lot for reply!
>

>>Why do you think the data is wrong? What is 'reality'?
>
> Because when i save a sourceCode of result page from IE it is 600kb
> txt file.

Aha. I guess your server expects some cookie set. If that cookie is
missing it misbehaves and sends endless body content.

> The execution time that i get from my "crash-test" application is at
> least 13 seconds, though in IE it takes 5 seconds. Additionally I get
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when calling method.getResponseBody() or
> method.getResponseBodyAsString()

Try not to get the whole body as a String or array, but take advantage
of getting a stream. Then dump the stream to the console or file and see
what the server actually returns. That might hint you to the problem.

I am sure the problem is not with HttpClient but in the way you talk to
the server and the specific implementation of your server software.