hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Esquivel Sanchez, Arturo" <aesquive...@banamex.com>
Subject Please Help !
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:31:00 GMT

Hi,

I'm getting the error: Error in parsing the status line from the response:
unable to find line starting with "HTTP".
and i´m pretty sure that its related to the consideration documented by
Daniel C. Amadei :

JSSE prior to Java 1.4 incorrectly reports socket timeout.
Prior to Java 1.4, in Sun's JSSE implementation, a read operation that has
timed out incorrect reports end of stream condition instead of throwing
java.io.InterruptedIOException as expected. HttpClient responds to this
exception by assuming that the connection was dropped and throws a
recoverable HTTP exception: Error in parsing the status line from the
response: unable to find line starting with "HTTP". It should instead report
"java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out". If you see the "unable to
find line..." message when working with an older version of JDK and JSSE, it
can be caused by the timeout waiting for data and not by a problem with the
connection.
Work-around: One possible solution is to increase the timeout value as the
server is taking too long to start sending the response. Alternatively you
may choose to upgrade to Java 1.4 or above which does not exhibit this
problem

Unfortunely in my company´s tech unit is not going to be easy neither quick
to upgrade to the Java version 1.4.
And I already tried to increase the client setTimeOut method and didn´t
work....

So is there a way you can help to modified the necesary components in order
to fix the problem from the HttpClient side.
Or give me some hints on how to fix it and generate a new
commons-httpclient-2.0.jar that includes the fix.
Or if there is already a version of the HttpClient v2.0 that fix this
problem

The version that i´m using is the 2.0.

I really really appreciate your help

Best Regards