hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: client certificates: contribution
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:42:53 GMT

Jere,

Take a look at the AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory class. It may be what you need. Feel free
to take it as a starting point and customize its behaviour to meet the specific needs of your
application

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/?only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH

Hope this helps

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Robinson.Gerald [mailto:robinson.gerald@ensco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 15:34
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: client certificates: contribution

Tim Wild,

I'm running into the same roadblocks everyone seems to.  I have an application that needs
to make http(s) requests from the Application Server to some URL.  These URLs are SiteMinded,
which means I need to pass header info, cookies AND a certificate.  The application is not
mine, but uses HTTPClient to do 2 of the 3.  Would you be so kind as to supply me with some
idea's on how I would get HTTPClient to send a certificate, please?

Thank you for your time,
Jere Robinson