hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jennifer Ward <jennif...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Getting exception: Unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:10:37 GMT

On Jul 13, 2004, at 8:03 PM, Michael Becke wrote:

> Another way to handle this problem is to use the "expect 100 continue"
> feature of HTTP.  This feature is disabled in HttpClient by default,
> as only a few servers support it correctly.  You can re-enable it by
> calling setUseExpectHeader(true) on the post method.

Yes, Oleg mentioned this a few days ago. It sounds like this feature
still causes the request to get sent twice (even though the request
body will not get sent if the server cannot receive it). I was hoping
for a way to send each request only once (with the correct auth header
the first time). I'm not having much luck with that though, so I may
end up using the "expect 100 continue" feature after all.

Thanks
Jen