hc-dev mailing list archives

From o coco <blitzer_...@yahoo.ca>
Subject setRequestHeader, GetMethod, non-HTTP
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:41:53 GMT

Hi,

I have a question concerning setting non HTTP headers for the GetMethod
request -

My servlet communicates with a (third-party) server (on IIS5.0) with
NTLM authentication and synchronization enabled. I tried setting the
headers using GetMethod class's setRequestHeader method. Apparently I
receive them as HTTP headers on the server (i.e.on setting XYZ
I receive HTTP_XYZ on the server.). I think this is expected behavior.

Is there a way to set non HTTP headers, i.e. if I set XYZ I want to
receive XYZ on the server?

I did 'STFW' on this issue but haven't found anything interesting yet.

Would appreciate some help.