hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving server side certificate durring handshake?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:50:29 GMT
Hello Marc,

the latter is the case. For the HTTP protocol, the certificate
doesn't matter. Once the secure connection is established,
HttpClient just uses it. Whether any certificates were involved
when the factory established the connection is of no interest
to HttpClient. You may have to implement your own protocol
factory. Whether it will be possible to determine the factory
level information for a connection, I cannot tell. If not, let us
know and we'll discuss what hooks should be added.

cheers,
  Roland

Marc Boorshtein <marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com>
07.06.2004 14:43
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"