hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Logging Problem
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:15:35 GMT

Tim,

* What is the exact JRE version that you are using?
* Are you running HttpClient in a container (servlet container, EJB container)?
* What other libraries do you have on the JRE's classpath?
* Have you tried setting those system properties upon the JRE startup using -D directive?

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Patton [mailto:tpatton@dealcatcher.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 19:06
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Logging Problem

I've been trying to get logging output to debug a cookie problem but no luck
so far.  As far as I can tell from the docs, I just need these 4 lines of
code in my progrma somewhere:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog","debug"
);
  System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
  System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
"true");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire
", "debug");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.comm
ons.httpclient", "debug");

Am I missing something else?  I get no logging output, but my program can
connect to a site and grab a page no problem.  I do not have Log4J anywhere
on my machine as far as I can tell.  I made a short test program to see what
was going on, I can send that to the list if it will help.

Tim