hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: RESULT: possible bugs:( Re: Resend: disable httpclient logging)
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:10:49 GMT

Folks,
I would rather leave the wire log category as is, at least until the API redesign. I do not
think that the documentation is that bad either (at least by my writing standards). Besides,
Mike has already greatly improved the logging guide for the 3.0 release.

People just need to do some reading and archive mining before posting stuff.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 15:58
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: RESULT: possible bugs:( Re: Resend: disable httpclient
logging)

Hi Odi,

> Maybe we should also change the wirelog logger to something like
> 'org.apache.commons.httpclient.wire'.

The JLogFactory uses different methods to obtain loggers for a
class and by name. Prefixing the name with a package is OK by me,
but I'd prefer to leave some distinction in the naming scheme.
Maybe 'org.apache.commons.httpclient.WIRE'. Or use some special
characters no sane person would want to have in a class name,
though they are acceptable in a property name.

cheers,
  Roland