hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Foran, Christopher" <Christopher.Fo...@fmr.com>
Subject Suppressing stack dump in executeMethod()
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:38:51 GMT

I most likely should know how to find the answer to this question,
but...

I am doing SSL and when I use an incorrect password for the keystore it
looks like somewhere in HttpClient.executeMethod() the stack dump is
being printed..  In my application I am catching everything I should be,
and I don't want to user to see this information.  Is there a way for me
to tell HttpClient to suppress this output. I want to handle this
exception in my application. Thanks.

java.lang.RuntimeException: KeyManagerFactoryImpl: Keystore was tampered
with, or password was incorrect
        at com.ibm.jsse.w.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.jsse.w.engineInit(Unknown Source)
        at javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory.init(Unknown Source)
        at javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.getDefault(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSo
cket(SSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:112)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:66
3)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpCon
nectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:959)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:6
61)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:5
29)
        at xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxxx.run(Unknown Source)

christopher.foran@fmr.com | 617.563.4785