hc-dev mailing list archives

From darren jiang <Darren.Ji...@Sun.COM>
Subject RESULT: possible bugs:( Re: Resend: disable httpclient logging)
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:38:11 GMT
Hello Ortwin and all,

I fixed this problem and found that maybe a bug in HttpClient.java

I fixed the logging problem using the following:

#set error for commons package:
log4j.category.org.apache.commons.httpclient=ERROR

this can only disable the logging for all package except HttpClient.class.

going to the source code, and found following in HttpClient.java

----------------------

private static final Log LOG=LogFactory.getLog(HttpClient.class)

-----------------------

that is why I can not disable the logging for HttpClient.wire

I am using following to disable org.apache.commons debugging:

log4j.category.org.apache.commons=ERROR, debug, metrics
log4j.category.httpclient=ERROR, debug, metrics

this makes the log4j works for my program.

so, I 'd like to raise the the bug in HttpClient, the log object should
use its package "org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient", rather than
"HttpClient"

many thanks!

Darren Jiang