hc-dev mailing list archives

From darren jiang <Darren.Ji...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Resend: disable httpclient logging
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:14:50 GMT
Hello Ortwin,

thank you for your help to indentify the reason for this.

I did a configuration in my program to use the passed in
logging.properties file.

I put my code here.

        if(!checkParameters(args)) {

            System.out.println("parameter error:");
            System.out.println("parameter: ALL|RENEWSUB|CANCELSUB");
            System.exit(-1);

        }

        // prepare the system properties
        String logFile = System.getProperty("log.file");
        String logConfigFile =
System.getProperty("java.util.logging.config.file");
        System.out.println("log File = " + logFile);
        System.out.println("log ConfigFile = " + logConfigFile);

        // config log4j system
        PropertyConfigurator.configure(logConfigFile);

        //use NDC to format log4 entries
        NDC.clear();
        NDC.push(Constants.APPLICATION_DEBUG);

so the program should use log4j logging API in my program, and the
configuration parameters is in my passed in BatchLog.properties

then the program should disable the debug logging for org.apache.commons
package and sub package.

but it did not stop the debugging, particular the WIRE package.

many thanks!

Darren Jiang