hc-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Wild <tim.w...@solnetsolutions.co.nz>
Subject Invalid RSA modulus size
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:36:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm using HttpClient to connect to an apache server that requires
certificates. When I use client and server certificates from my own CA
with 1024 bit keys it works perfectly. When I get a commercial
certificate with a longer key (4096 bits), I get the following error
(full message below) when I connect to apache:

javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: java.io.IOException: subject key,
Unknown key spec: Invalid RSA modulus size.

Google produced one result, which talked about a maximum key size using
the JCE of 2048 bits using the JDK 1.4.2 default policy files. Another
site suggested getting the unrestricted policy files, so I got and
installed them, but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

Does anyone have any thought or suggestions? Half formed thoughs or
ideas are welcome as it might give me a lead that I can follow myself.

Thanks

Tim Wild