hc-dev mailing list archives

From Himanshu Thube <himans...@kenati.com>
Subject HttpConnection and HttpState reuse problem
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:24:10 GMT
Hi

In my class I need two connections to same host and different URL's. For
connecting first time, I want to get the HttpState and HttpConnection.
Later just execute the method using the same HttpConnection and HttpState.

However from API I found, to get the state I need to execute the method
with HttpClient for the first time as only HttpClient is able to return
the HttpState. For the later executions of GetMethod I am not able to
reuse the HttpConnection used for first execution as HttpClient doesn't
provide me a handle to the HttpConnection which it used for first execution.

My existing code is as follows :

*For first invocation *:

        httpsclient = new HttpClient();
        int statusCode = -1;
        String [] response=new String[2];
        httpsget = new GetMethod(uri.toString());
        statusCode = httpsclient.executeMethod(httpsget);
        state=httpsclient.getState();

*For Later invocations : (now I have the HttpsState but no handle to
HttpConnection used :( so have to create a new HttpConnection)*

if(con==null) {
            try {
                con=new HttpConnection(uri.getHost(), uri.getPort(),
getProtocol());
            } catch (URIException e1) {
                e1.printStackTrace();
            }