hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suppressing stack dump in executeMethod()
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:47:54 GMT
Christopher,

What makes you think that HttpClient dumps the stack? What I read from
the stacks tells me that is was not HttpClient#executeMethod

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:529)
>         at xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxxx.run(Unknown Source)

Then, HttpClient NEVER dumps exception stack using
Throwable#printStackTrace(). NEVER EVER. HttpClient always uses
commons-logging to log its events.

In order to disable all output generated by HttpClient you may want to
set HttpClient's logging verbosity to FATAL or disable logging output
altogether by using NoLog as a logger implementation.

Feel free to examine HttpClient's source code to double-check

Oleg