hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: is this mailing list protected against spam harvesters?
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 15:19:23 GMT

Alex Hunsley wrote:

> Btw, is this mailing list protected against spam harvesters?

No, as far as I can see not. I complained about this issue when
Eyebrowse went online but my complaints were graciously ignored. Anybody
on the PMC who is responsible for that?

>  I know the
> archives are published online, are the email addresses in the messages
> online protected in any way, or are they ripe for the harvesters?

Even worse, we have archives in mbox format here accessible for the
public: http://jakarta.apache.org/mail/bsf-dev/

There are some more archives that archive our lists:
  * mail-archive.com  does a very good job at filtering out email addresses
  * marc.theaimsgroup.com is not bad, but not good enough
  Don't know about the rest.

Actually >95% of email I get is uninteresting mailing list junk, SPAM or
virii, about 10-20 MB per day.

Ortwin Glück