hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <jesus.sa...@migasia.com>
Subject keep-alive with HTTPS
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 06:40:59 GMT

I was re-reading the SSL guide today and it mentions about "*Persistent
SSL connections do not work on Sun's JVMs below 1.4".*
However, the details for that section is actually talking about HTTP
keep-alive ( and then talks about stale SSL connections ).

So I am a bit confused now. Is / Was the problem with the JVM itself (
that is, with HttpURLConnection ), or was it with JSSE ?
Since HttpClient is creating its own socket ( and does not use Java's
URLConnection ), then the problem with HTTP keep-alive should not
affected HttpClient
( assuming it was a problem with HttpURLConnection ).

Reason I ask is that we are still running JDK 1.3.1_08 on Solaris SPARC.

Anyway, I'm still confused.
Anyone care to enlighten me ?

Thanks

John