hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@limepeer.com>
Subject RE: Test coverage
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:07:31 GMT
Clover is fantastic.  We use Clover during our nightly test suite and the coverage reports
are very great tools.  You might want to consider waiting a week or more, as Clover is right
now in the process of finishing up their 1.3 release (they're on 1.3rc3 right now).

Thanks,
 Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 12:52 PM
To: Jakarta Commons HttpClient mailing list
Subject: Test coverage

Folks,
I think it is time we started using Clover reports for the CVS HEAD
development. Currently our test coverage is appalling (meager 50%).
Since we have got a very flexible testing framework based on
SimpleHttpServer, we no longer have an excuse that certain complex
things cannot be adequately simulated to be properly covered with test
cases.

In order to get the ball rolling I am committed to restructure
Cookie/CookieSpec related test cases, increase the test coverage to 90
something per cent and get rid of TestWebappCookie stuff (which is
currently geared towards testing Tomcat cookie management rather than
that of HttpClient)

Oleg