hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce McHaffie <bruce.mchaf...@entrust.com>
Subject Apache license, httpclient, and applets
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:17:14 GMT
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I'd like to use HttpClient in an
applet as part of a product feature for the company I work for. The legal
department though is stuck on the provision in the Apache license that says
we have to "...give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a
copy of this License".

Since this is an applet there's no client-side distribution to speak of so
legal is not sure how to get the license to the end user. I'm not even sure
the provision makes sense in an applet/browser environment. Any suggestions
on how to approach this? Apparently we're not allowed to fire the legal
department.

Bruce.