hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Binary release, 2-15-2004 Zip
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:07:19 GMT

Brit,
I just downloaded a fresh copy of commons-httpclient-2.0-src.zip and managed to compile everything
the complete source including the examples after having added commons-logging.jar and junit.jar
to the project classpath. Then I compiled the examples only using the jar shipped with the
commons-httpclient-2.0.zip. As far as I am concerned everything compiles just fine

Please download a fresh copy of HttpCliet from <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/downloads.html>
and try again

Please also double-check your classpath and make sure you do not have an older version of
HttpClient (shipped with Slides, for instance) on it

HTH

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Pair, Brit [mailto:Brit.Pair@cardinal.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 19:48
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: Problem with Binary release, 2-15-2004 Zip

Not sure I understand.

I downloaded the 2.0 Binary Release Build and the 2.0 Source Release Build and they have different
APIs. I would expect that compiling the source would produce something compatible with the
downloaded binary. Something is either not marked clearly or the Binary download is not the
2.0 Release Build.

If you want the online tutorial and examples to work you have to use the 2.0 Release Source
Build because the 2.0 Release Binary Build is missing methods.

If I am missing something here I apologize.

Brit