hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Binary release, 2-15-2004 Zip
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:42:45 GMT

Brit,

There are currently two HttpClient branches: CVS HEAD (development, no longer compatible with
the 2.0 API) and the 2.0 compatible branch (stable). I suspect you have gotten the PostXML
code off CVS HEAD, which does not compile against 2.0 final. Please try examples shipped with
HttpClient 2.0 source distribution.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Pair, Brit [mailto:Brit.Pair@cardinal.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 17:14
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Binary release, 2-15-2004 Zip

I just downloaded the latest Binary Release Build, 2/15/2004 Zip.

When I tried to use the tutorial code and PostXML code I had a bunch of errors.

It appears that HttpMethodBase does not have a relesaeConnection method and PostMethod extends
GetMethod directly rather than EntityEnclosingMethod.

I then downloaded the source code and it looks correct.

Maybe the binary is an earlier version?

thanks,

Brit