hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient][Bugzilla] Migration to the Jakarta subproject level
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:01:04 GMT

Mike,
If my memory does not fail me, the general sentiment was to stick to Bugzilla if HttpClient
gets to be a top level project in the Bugzilla database (in order for us to be able to define
own releases and milestones independently from Commons).

IMO Bugzilla has been serving us well, but I am really getting discouraged by the lack of
support for it. This is not the first request regarding Bugzilla management that received
no response of what so ever. I understand that our infrastructure folks have got enough things
to worry about but one would at least expect some sort of response within a week. I am afraid
there's simply no one interested in maintaining Bugzilla, which makes me think about Jira
as the only viable alternative

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Becke [mailto:becke@u.washington.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 19:26
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: [HttpClient][Bugzilla] Migration to the Jakarta subproject
level

I forget what we decided when this was last discussed, but I am all for
moving to Jira.

If we do stick with Bugzilla, I don't think we should bother
general@jakarta about this one.  This is something that the
infrastructure list is for.  Let's give them a little more time. Perhaps
a quick ping to them would be appropriate.

Mike