hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Yahoo login with Httpclient
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:14:18 GMT
> difficult to work around (see the redirect guide). I am sure it
> should not be that difficult to form-based login with get
> my.yahoo.com working. Give it another try

Yes, one wouldn't think so :)  I took a look at this last night, and it
seems that yahoo does some weird stuff.  In particular they MD5 the
password using JavaScript.  They do support logging in without
Javascript, but I had some difficulty getting it to work in HttpClient.
  It was late last night when I tried this, so I could just be missing
something obvious.  I will try again tonight, and post my test code.

Mike