hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Broken link on website
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:29:48 GMT
Ortwin Glück wrote:

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> I can't come up with one beyond hardcoding Windows EOL's. I seldom
>> use notepad and always reassign the "txt" extension over to Wordpad
>> on Windows boxes. Though, this doesn't solve this problem really.
>

> Isn't CVS supposed to provide the correct EOLs for the platform it
> runs on for text files? And you can always use vim in cygwin :-)
>
> Ortwin Glück

Yes, but I think the subject is what does one do if the distribution is
created on a linux box, but the user is working with it on a windows
box? Should the release manager be responsible for making sure that thte
zip's are built on a Windows machine while the tar balls are built on
non-windows?

-Mark