hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: SOCKS Proxies
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:40:44 GMT
Hi Sam,

I agree with Roland's assessment.  I think your only option is to
implement a ProtocolSocketFactory that creates SOCKS proxied sockets.
To my knowledge there is no public way to configure Sun's sockets for
SOCKS on a per instance method.  You may need to build your own client
side SOCKS support if there is no way to make use of the built-in
methods.

Mike