hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yahoo login with Httpclient
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:24:48 GMT
Frank,
You need to use so called form-based login. Have a look at this sample
application:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/FormLoginDemo.java?rev=1.1.2.1&only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH&view=markup

If it does not cut it for you, let me know. I may try to quickly hack it
up for you (provided I do not get stamped with work (the one that helps
me pay the bills I mean))

Oleg

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 00:08, Min (Frank) Ni wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've been trying to use Httpclient to programmatically login to Yahoo, but I am not sure
how to do it right, I've tried to follow the sample tutorials and nothing seemed to work for
me, I've also searched the web for answers, but failed, it seems to me that Httpclient is
the closest match for what I am looking for, can somebody please help me ?

> Some sample code of how to use Httpclient to login to Yahoo would be very helpful, I
imagine if I supply username and password to it, I would get a page showing I'm logged in,
I am trying to update my Yahoo Briefcase and Yahoo Geocities pages with my program. Is it
possible to do that with Httpclient ? Thanks for any help.