hc-dev mailing list archives

From "John Melody" <j...@sybernet.ie>
Subject EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory for Secure and Proxied.
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:39:32 GMT

Hi,

I have just been trying to get my httpclient to accept a
self signed certificate on a secure, proxied connection. I
followed the SSL guide directions but it did not seem to be
picking up my new factory.

When I checked in the source code I noticed the following code.

HttpConnection.java
       // use the protocol's socket factory unless this is a secure
                // proxied connection
                final ProtocolSocketFactory socketFactory =
                    (isSecure() && isProxied()
                            ? new DefaultProtocolSocketFactory()
                            : protocolInUse.getSocketFactory());

Why is this restiction in place?