hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Douglass" <r.dougl...@onlinehome.de>
Subject Looking for Http Tool
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:27:26 GMT
Hello HttpClient developers,

I'm looking for a tool that intelligently makes rule-based static copies of
dynamic sites. I know that Microsoft Frontpage has an import feature, and
I'm sure there are other similar programs. Frontpage, however, falls short
of what I need. Ideally, the program could run either as a cron type job on
a server, or in a GUI. I'd be interested in being able to write rules like
www.site.com/home.php?lang=french gets rewritten to french/home.html. Any
suggestions? If there really isn't a good tool, I'll consider starting work
on one (and showcasing HttpClient, of course!) Thanks for your suggestions,

Robert Douglass