hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: 2.0 rc1 leaking sockets?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:07:45 GMT
On Mar 17, 2004, at 5:05 PM, Eric Bloch wrote:

> Thanks... just to be clear though... the multi-threadded connection
> mgr should never hold open more than a fixed number of sockets though,
> right?

Yes, any one instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager will only
have a certain number of open connections.  This is configurable via
setMaxTotalConnections().  You will need to ensure that you are reusing
the same instance of the connection manager.

There were also a number of bugs fixed in the
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager between 2.0 RC1 and the final 2.0
relase.  I would suggest upgrading to 2.0 just to be sure.

Mike