hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce McHaffie <bruce.mchaf...@entrust.com>
Subject Chunked upload through SunONE proxy server
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:23:26 GMT
Hi, I'm using httpclient to do large file uploads. It works just fine
through a direct connection to the LAN but when I go through iPlanet Web
Proxy Server (3.6) the POST is forwarded to the target host with no body. So
the message inbound to the web server (outbound from the proxy server) is:

POST /fileupload/chunkyserver HTTP/1.1
Host: apollo.est.com
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Forwarded: by http://bmchaff.est.com:8082 (iPlanet-Web-Proxy-Server/3.6)

...so I tried SunONE Web Proxy server 3.6 SP4, which is supposed to have
support for Transfer-Encoding="chunked". But it chokes on the chunked post.
The error message is:

"[08/Mar/2004:15:42:18] info: Unable to launch the thread... Exception Code:
-1073741819"

For non-chunked POSTS and for GETS everything is fine. Is there something I
have to set in the header to make it work or am I just wasting my time
trying to do chunking through proxies? Anyone know of proxies that
definitely support Transfer-Encoding="chunked" for upload?

Bruce.