hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][DRAFT] Promote HttpClient to Jakarta level
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:27:08 GMT
On 18/3/04 10:24 PM, "Roland Weber" <ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com> wrote:

>> (1.5) Interaction With Other Packages
>>
>> HttpClient relies on:
>>
>> * Java Development Kit (Version 1.2 or later; 1.3 or later recommended)
>
> I wonder whether this would be the right time
> to drop support for JDK 1.2 and require 1.3 ?

I generally find the right time is when there's a good reason to.  Was there
a 1.3 only method we wanted to use?  I know 1.4 has some cool stuff but
we're not going to be getting to use that for quite some time yet.

> cheers,
> Roland

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Kangaroo Point MarchFest is an annual festival of music, art, food and
culture, that aims to build community spirit and bring all types of
people together for a time of fun and entertainment.
Sat March 20th, midday till 10pm, at Kangaroo Point Uniting Church.
http://www.soulpurpose.com.au/marchfest