hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: @author tags
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:52:54 GMT

> if we actually want to go into some level of detail as to how much or
> what the person contributed.

That's the whole point. It would be unjust to no differentiate between regular day-to-day
contributors (whom we have a few) and a single one liner patch contribution. I do think we
have to go into some details to make such a 'thank you' page meaningful.

Just a wild thought: what if we abandoned @author tags simultaneously with the planned 4.0
rewrite, compiling the 'thank you' list as the bits of code get migrated from the old jakarta-commons
tree into (if that works out, of course) jakarta level repository? What if we kept the tags
for the 3.0 release, as long as we stay in the Jakarta Commons?

Oleg