hc-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@integralsource.com>
Subject Re: @author tags
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:21:23 GMT
We had this same conversation on commons-dev.  This does appear to be a
contentious issue.  Personally I don't really mind if my name appears
in a file or not.  I think it is all about the community.

There is a difference between the developer and the contributor though.
  I think it is the contributor's who deserve the real credit.  I work
on some open source software because it scratches an itch.  Therefore,
a mention that I am a scratcher is enough for me.  But, for people who
provide a contribution (in many cases this is a once off) to be
mentioned is a great feeling.

As for a solution, I can't think of one that is satisfactory for
everyone.  It seems it is being resolved on a per-project basis.

-John K