hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: @author tags
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:01:57 GMT
Thanks, Roland!  You are a balanced mind.  Refreshing!  I read the IBM and
SCO complaint.  There is nothing extra-ordinary about that.  If someone
were taking proprietary code and introducing it into open source, that
would be something that should be stopped.  The @author tags are not
related to this sort of conduct, unless we were trying to hide this
activity by not using the tags.  The proper response to these shennanigans
would be to discourage it openly and provide the best way we could to
identify culprits.  Truth, not fiction and not falsity, is the best defense
in legal matters.