hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <j...@dever.ca>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][DRAFT] Promote HttpClient to Jakarta level
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:54:00 GMT
Just the active ones.  You must leave off Sun-gu and Sean, since they
don't have CLA on file their committer status has been suspended.  I
agree with Oleg about the handling of the others.

-jsd

>>Should all the committers come across or just the currently active ones?  I
>>think this should be all of them, in which case - should we attempt to
>>contact them and ask for their preference?  I've currently taken the list
>>from project.xml.
>>

>The trouble is that 2 of our committers turned out to have not signed the Apache CLA.
Some of people included have officially resigned from the project. Some have not been showing
up for years. To be fair to ourselves and the PMC who is going to vote on the proposal, I
think we should include only active committers. As to currently inactive committers, we should
inform them about the move and change of the project status. If they express their willingness
to resume/continue working on the project, once the legal aspects are taken care of, their
full-fledged committer status can be unconditionally restored.