hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: @author tags
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:35:32 GMT
> Actually Roland shines when it comes to giving feedback to proposed
> changes, patches, answering questions, and helping people on the
> mailing. He is precisely the reason I (as a HttpClient project
> committer) would like to have a better attribution structure that goes
> beyond @author tag. The @author may be a very misleading indicator of
> one's contribution and its value. Roland contribution is currently
> MASSIVELY understated within the existing attribution structure. As
> much as I would regret to see @author go, at the same time I would
> whole-heartedly welcome a better system of giving due credits to the
> regular contributors like Roland. If the board comes up with viable
> substitution to the @author tag, so be it

Well said Oleg.  I also greatly appreciate Roland's contribution to
HttpClient.  It is the addition of people like Roland that makes
HttpClient a viable community.  He also seems to be conspicuously
missing from our list of Contributors.  Roland, do you mind if we add
you?  This failing by itself clearly identifies some of the problems
with our current system of recognition.

Mike