hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Forms Login with Iframe
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:30:17 GMT
Hello Jeannie,

if it's on WebSphere, then it's running on a server and not
in the browser. Yes, you can perform login and fetch a page.
Bringing it into an IFrame is just a question of how to
invoke your JSP or servlet - it won't know the difference
between showing pages in an IFrame, in a regular frame
or in a browser window.
But keep in mind that the page you fetch from a different
server most likely has hyperlinks to that server. So you'll
have to find all links in the page and rewrite them to point
to your own application if you want it to work properly.
HttpClient won't help you with that task.
Performing login "on behalf" of the browser user and
pointing the browser directly to the original page is
tricky, since in most cases a server will not be able to
set a cookie for another server.

cheers,
  Roland

jeanniepb97 <jeanniepb97@yahoo.com>
16.02.2004 17:04
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"