hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpclient and ejb
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:15:49 GMT
Milen,
HttpClient has not been designed with EJB spec compliance in mind. It
_may_ work, but there are no guarantees. In particular, if you do not
change the connect timeout value (or set it to 0), the controller thread
will not be spawned. This said, you should seriously consider the risks
of such design decision

HttpClient is believed to be faster due to the following reasons:
* better keep-alive connections support
* support for Nagling algorithm turned off per default (TCP_NODELAY
socket option)

Cheers,

Oleg

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 21:35, Милен Евтимов wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to use the HttpClient form EJB and have noticed that
> HttpConnection uses threads to implement the connection timeout mechanism. The way the
threads are used shouldn't create any problems with the EJB programming restrictions about
threads.