hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Venkat Burri" <ven...@sedonaesolutions.com>
Subject RE: cookie question - Sorry : Retrying
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:58:09 GMT
Hi Jacques

Here is code snippet, That might help you
public static void initializeClient(HttpServletRequest request) {

if (httpClient == null)

httpClient = new HttpClient();

httpClient.setConnectionTimeout(3000);

HttpState state = httpClient.getState();

state.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);

Cookie[] cookies = request.getCookies();//This method call gives all the cookies in response
to the browser request..

}

Thanks
Venkat Burri

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Michael Becke [mailto:becke@u.washington.edu]
	Sent: Fri 1/2/2004 8:56 AM
	To: Commons HttpClient Project
	Subject: Re: cookie question - Sorry : Retrying

	Hi Jacques,

	HttpClient automatically processes cookie in the response and adds any
	new cookies to the associated HttpState.  Take a look at
	HttpClient.getState() and HttpState.getCookies().  There is also some
	more info on cookie parsing at
	<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/cookies.html>.  You can
	also get the raw cookie headers from a response by calling
	HttpMethod.getResponseHeader("Set-Cookie") on the executed method.

	Mike