hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Re: I'm a big loser
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:39:28 GMT
David,
That has nothing to do with Unix (OS) security. Your JVM is configured to run with Java security
activated. Make sure that the security managers allows for setting system properties on run-time
or set these settings upon JVM startup using -D parameter

Hope this helps

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: D Alvarado [mailto:laredotornado@wildmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 17:17
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: I'm a big loser

Ok, looked at the web page about turning on wire
logs and it asked me to add these lines to my
java program:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
"true");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",
"debug");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
"debug");

But I guess since I'm not root I got the
following exception:

java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.Log write)
	at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)

Can I add these properties somewhere else?  Or
where does the sysadmin have to add them?

Thanks -