hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject Why on earth do we differenciate between proxy and host credentials?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:08:52 GMT
While going through the Odi's latest patch, I got hit by an idea. Why on earth do we differentiate
between proxy and host credentials? At the end of the day do we care? The distinction between
proxies and target hosts is not relevant from the HttpState standpoint as long as credentials
can be uniquely identified by realm/host/port. All we need to ability to differentiate credentials
by authentication realm, host AND port. I think we would make API much simpler and authentication
code much cleaner by deprecating HttpState#get/setProxyCredentials stuff for good.

Oleg