hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Blanc, Isabelle" <Isabelle.Bl...@mairie-paris.fr>
Subject RE : authentication ...
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:40:22 GMT
hi :)

maybe preemptive authentication is what you're looking for - i haven't tried it personnaly,
but here's what the doc says :
--- from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html ---
 Preemptive authentication can be enabled within HttpClient. In this mode HttpClient will
send the basic authentication response even before the server gives an unauthorized response
in certain situations, thus reducing the overhead of making the connection. To enable this
use the following:

client.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);

To enable preemptive authentication by default for all newly created HttpState 's, a system
property can be set, as shown below.

setSystemProperty(Authenticator.PREEMPTIVE_PROPERTY, "true");

--- ---

have a nice day
Isabelle